For every Gold Token you pick up, 2 Health Points are restored. They are required in order to enter most levels.
Whilst training in the Undermill, General Bristol explains that they are needed to power the Telepoints, as the green teleportation slime crystallizes into the Gold Tokens. Similarly, the more you gather, the quicker resting Fur Fighters recover lost HP.
Once a Gold Token has been obtained, re-entering the world causes it to change into a Silver Token. Whilst they still restore HP, they do not count towards your overall token total.
- There are actually 2010 Gold Tokens to collect and not 2000. However, the Dreamcast and iOS version both list the totals as 2010/2000 when collected.
- There is no counter for the Hubworld Tokens.
- In the Dreamcast version, there is a bug with the Gold Tokens that will make you unable to complete the game 100% if it occurs. If you happen to get fluffed the moment you pick up a Gold Token, the Gold Token will permanently become a Silver Token, and it will not count towards your overall total.
- In some copies of the Dreamcast version, there are two Gold Tokens missing in Space Station Meer.
- In earlier versions of the game, there were more variations of the tokens, including Gold Nuggets.