Okay, we're nearly there everyone! Thanks for all your help!
Areas that still need refining:
- Weapon locations
- Level and cutscene galleries
- Level descriptions
In the meantime, I've been thinking about what should be considered a Minor location and what shouldn't. I'm proposing these must be kept in mind when writing for a minor location of a level:
- An area that can be named appropriately (Good Example: God of Processing | Bad Example: Cave with Lasers)
- Areas which have been redesigned* in Viggo's Revenge
- Areas which have a significant puzzle to complete (i.e. Temple Maze)
- Areas which have a lot going on around it (In terms of both Collectibles and aesthetics, such as the Nursery)
*Excluding minor differences, like say, an additional poster
They don't need to reach all of those points, but more than one at least.
- Something that can be interacted with (Good Example: Fighting Furs | Bad Example: Dinoboy's Dinocomic)
- Something that is relevant to the plot
- Something that is interesting enough not to be just a slice of trivia
Again, they don't have to include all 3, but the final one is a definite.
By all means, feel free to share your opinion!
Thanks again all.